Incoming Visiting student
For info on covid-19 restrictions please look at the following instructions
INCOMING VISITING STUDENTS | a.y. 2020/21
After the global atmosphere of uncertainty created by the COVID-19 outbreak, the University of Catania has decided to start from September 15th 2020 its acceptation and nomination procedures 2020/2021 for foreign students for study purpose only, putting in place appropriate and supportive measures in constant consultation with Government at all key stages. The mobility can be performed starting from October the 1st 2020.
Mobility for Traineeship is temporarily suspended till new determination of the Governing Bodies.
All front didactics activities can be provided in a virtual form, for details please contact the hosting department.
INCOMING VISITING STUDENTS | a.y. 2019/20
Students who have finished their mobility period at UniCT or those ones who want to suspend/postpone their staying in Catania, have to send a formal request to the International Mobility Office (email@example.com) and to the International Didactic Unit of the hosting department (IDU) in order to receive, via email, the Final Certificate (FC) related to the mobility period spent in Catania or in order to obtain the authorization to suspend/postpone the activities and eventually continue them in a virtual way from their home country.
Students in Catania
- Students who want to continue their Visiting Mobility in Catania, can follow the UniCT distance lectures and have access to the on-line exams.
- Students who want to interrupt definitively their Visiting Mobility before the end of the planned period (going back home or staying in Catania) can immediately receive the FC by the IDU for the exams they have already passed (full or partial), for the traineeship activities they have already performed (full or partial) and for the research for the final dissertation they have already done (full or partial) receiving the total amount of credits established in their Activities Proposal (AP).
- Students who want to suspend temporarily their Visiting Mobility (going back home before the end of the planned period) and intend to complete it at a later stage, can follow UniCT distance lectures and have access to the on-line exams. The exams they have already passed (full or partial), the traineeship activities they have already performed (full or partial) and the final dissertation research they have already done (full or partial) will be kept in the UniCT database and will be certified by the IDU at the end of the virtual/in presence mobility period.
Students not yet in Catania
- Students who have been already accepted by UniCT and want to postpone their Visiting Mobility, can ask for an acceptance letter to the hosting department with new dates, provided that they have received the authorization from their home institution. The exams, the traineeship activities and the research for the final dissertation, planned in the AP, will be certified by the IDU at the end of the new mobility period.
- Students who want to cancel their Visiting Mobility in Catania will not receive any final certificate.
INCOMING VISITING STUDENTS can attend lectures, prepare final dissertation, carry out research or placement at the University of Catania (UniCT).
First level students can be accepted for studying purposes in the framework of an agreement already signed between UniCT and their home institution (the use of this tailored format is warmly suggested). They can perform a mobility period for research on their final dissertation or placements through an admission letter (for research) or an International Internship Agreement (for placement) signed by the director of the hosting department. They have to spend at UniCT minimum three months for studying purposes and one month for research on final dissertation and placement.
Second level students can be accepted for studying purposes in the framework of an agreement already signed between UniCT and their home institution. They can perform a mobility period for final dissertation research or placement through an admission letter (for research) or an International Internship Agreement (for placement) signed by the director of the hosting department. They have to spend at UniCT minimum three months for studying purposes and two months for final dissertation research and placement.
PhD and postgraduate (including the medical specialization school) students should perform a mobility period for at least one month and an "agreement of doctoral exchange" or an "agreement of postgraduate medical training programmes exchange" should be signed.
Specific regulations can be established and managed by the hosting department that will open departmental calls according to their own priorities.
Students interested in becoming VISITING at UniCT must:
- for studying purposes - check if UniCT has already signed an agreement with their institution, analyse the department courses offer and contact the departmental internationalization coordinator for support on subjects and educational activities selection; for final dissertation research or placement - get in contact with the departmental internationalization coordinator for support in defining a research or placement programme; PhD and postgraduate mobilities (including the medical specialization school students) - have to agree with the sending and hosting course coordinators a joint programme;
- prepare a learning programme using the Activities Proposal form and send it back, duly signed by the sending institution, to the host department, together with a request of acceptance (doctoral students and specialization school students must provide respectively the “agreement of doctoral exchange” or the "agreement of postgraduate medical training programmes exchange" already signed by his/her course coordinator too);
- get back the admission letter and the Activities Proposal countersigned by the director of the hosting department (the admission letter will also specify the name of the tutor assigned);
- fill out the on-line form attaching the above-mentioned documents (in case of placement, the admission letter and the International Internship Agreement have to be provided jointly in a unique file);
- register his/her arrival at the Departmental International Didactic Unit (IDU);
- at the end of the mobility period, the tutor has to send a final report in English (specifying the dates, the successful activities carried-out, the amount of acquired CFU/ECTS credits) to the IDU that will provide the students with a “visiting student certification” and inform the International Mobility Office (IMO) about the successfully mobility performed.
To the visiting incoming students will be extensively provided the same services and facilities available for the Erasmus students (view the page)
Via Santa Maria del Rosario, 11 ( ground floor)
By appointment only, please click here