Incoming Visiting student
Precautionary measures Covid-19 emergency
In agreement with the new directive issued by the Sicilian Regional Presidency on January 8, 2021 after hearing the Regional University Committee (CRUS) in order to contain the outbreak of COVID-19 throughout the whole New Year, the rector Prof. Francesco Priolo and the director general Prof. Giovanni La Via have temporarily interrupted the mobility of both incoming and outgoing students, scholars and admin staff from and to the University of Catania.
UNICT is nonetheless more than happy to welcome any overseas students who, under prior request to the departmental coordinators, may be interested in distance learning through online classes that are currently being held here in Catania.
INCOMING VISITING STUDENTS can attend lectures, prepare final dissertation, carry out research or placement at the University of Catania (UniCT).
First level students can be accepted for studying purposes in the framework of an agreement already signed between UniCT and their home institution (the use of this tailored format is warmly suggested). They can perform a mobility period for research on their final dissertation or placements through an admission letter (for research) or an International Internship Agreement (for placement) signed by the director of the hosting department. They have to spend at UniCT minimum three months for studying purposes and one month for research on final dissertation and placement.
Second level students can be accepted for studying purposes in the framework of an agreement already signed between UniCT and their home institution. They can perform a mobility period for final dissertation research or placement through an admission letter (for research) or an International Internship Agreement (for placement) signed by the director of the hosting department. They have to spend at UniCT minimum three months for studying purposes and two months for final dissertation research and placement.
PhD and postgraduate (including the medical specialization school) students should perform a mobility period for at least one month and an "agreement of doctoral exchange" or an "agreement of postgraduate medical training programmes exchange" should be signed.
Specific regulations can be established and managed by the hosting department that will open departmental calls according to their own priorities.
Students interested in becoming VISITING at UniCT must:
- for studying purposes - check if UniCT has already signed an agreement with their institution, analyse the department courses offer and contact the departmental internationalization coordinator for support on subjects and educational activities selection; for final dissertation research or placement - get in contact with the departmental internationalization coordinator for support in defining a research or placement programme; PhD and postgraduate mobilities (including the medical specialization school students) - have to agree with the sending and hosting course coordinators a joint programme;
- prepare a learning programme using the Activities Proposal form and send it back, duly signed by the sending institution, to the host department, together with a request of acceptance (doctoral students and specialization school students must provide respectively the “agreement of doctoral exchange” or the "agreement of postgraduate medical training programmes exchange" already signed by his/her course coordinator too);
- get back the admission letter and the Activities Proposal countersigned by the director of the hosting department (the admission letter will also specify the name of the tutor assigned);
- fill out the on-line form attaching the above-mentioned documents (in case of placement, the admission letter and the International Internship Agreement have to be provided jointly in a unique file);
- register his/her arrival at the Departmental International Didactic Unit (IDU);
- at the end of the mobility period, the tutor has to send a final report in English (specifying the dates, the successful activities carried-out, the amount of acquired CFU/ECTS credits) to the IDU that will provide the students with a “visiting student certification” and inform the International Mobility Office (IMO) about the successfully mobility performed.
To the visiting incoming students will be extensively provided the same services and facilities available for the Erasmus students (view the page)
Via Santa Maria del Rosario, 11 ( ground floor)
By appointment only, please click here