Incoming Visiting professor/researcher
In the framework of the University Programme for International Mobility, foreign professors/researchers can spend incoming mobility periods at the departments of the University of Catania (UniCT), for teaching (VISITING PROFESSOR) and/or research (VISITING RESEARCHER) purposes. The mobility period can have different duration according to the decision of each department. Each hosting department will be in charge of managing incoming mobilities according to departmental calls established on the basis of their own priorities.
The mobilities should be performed following the procedure described below:
- the visiting professor/researcher will agree with a contact professor the period and the content of the activities to be developed at UniCT. The contact professor will trasmitt a formal request to the Director of the department and to the adminstrative International Didactic Unit (IDU)
- the Director of the department will send an invitation letter to the visiting professor/researcher
- the visiting professor/researcher will fill the form on-line attaching the invitation letter received by the hosting department and the disclaimer incoming (click here for the template)
- the visiting professor/researcher will register his/her arrival at the IDU that will inform the Rector, the Education Division (ADI), the Research Division (ARI) and the Human Resources Division (AGAP)
- at the end of the mobility, the contact professor will provide the IDU with a final report in english that will be sent to the International Relations Office for the release of the "Visiting Certificate" signed by the Rector