Incoming Visiting professor/researcher
Coronavirus measures at Unict
From the 1st of September 2021 incoming students, teaching and admin staff are required to show COVID-19 “Green Pass” to access public venues such as the University’s buildings, in accordance with the Italian Legislative Decree 111, issued on the 6th of August, 2021.
We hereby inform incoming students, teaching staff and admin staff that from August 6th, 2021, a Digital Green Certificate so-called “Green Pass” will be compulsory to access some other venues and to take part in social activities such as indoor restaurants, bars, museums, exhibition and sporting venues, cultural sites, events, swimming pools, cinemas, gyms, concerts, fairs, conferences, amusement parks and the like.
Certificates issued by the health authorities of the United States, United Kingdom including Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the island of Cyprus, San Marino fall under the same rules of the European Union used to get the “Green Pass” so as to make the University a safe place for everyone along with the above-mentioned venues.
We strongly encourage all those who have not been vaccinated to do so in any of the vaccination hubs available in Catania.
Incoming professors/researchers are requested to fill a disclaimer COVID 19
We are pleased to inform you that University of Catania has reopened incoming and outgoing mobility of professors and researchers.Scholars who wish to carry out a virtual mobility from home country are requested to fill the form and to follow the application procedures.
Precautionary measures Covid-19 emergency
In agreement with the new directive issued by the Sicilian Regional Presidency on January 8, 2021 after hearing the Regional University Committee (CRUS) in order to contain the outbreak of COVID-19 throughout the whole New Year, the rector Prof. Francesco Priolo and the director general Prof. Giovanni La Via have temporarily interrupted the mobility of both incoming and outgoing students, scholars and admin staff from and to the University of Catania.
In the framework of the University Programme for International Mobility, foreign professors/researchers can spend incoming mobility periods at the departments of the University of Catania (UniCT), for teaching (VISITING PROFESSOR) and/or research (VISITING RESEARCHER) purposes. The mobility period can have different duration according to the decision of each department. Each hosting department will be in charge of managing incoming mobilities according to departmental calls established on the basis of their own priorities.
The mobilities should be performed following the procedure described below:
- the visiting professor/researcher will agree with a contact professor the period and the content of the activities to be developed at UniCT. The contact professor will trasmitt a formal request to the Director of the department and to the adminstrative International Didactic Unit (IDU)
- the Director of the department will send an invitation letter to the visiting professor/researcher
- the visiting professor/researcher will fill the form on-line attaching the invitation letter received by the hosting department
- the visiting professor/researcher will register his/her arrival at the IDU that will inform the Rector, the Education Division (ADI), the Research Division (ARI) and the Human Resources Division (AGAP)
- at the end of the mobility, the contact professor will provide the IDU with a final report in english that will be sent to the International Mobility Office (IMU) for the release of the "Visiting Certificate" signed by the Rector
Via Santa Maria del Rosario, 11 ( ground floor)
By appointment only, please click here