Incoming Visiting professor/researcher
We are pleased to inform you that University of Catania has reopened incoming and outgoing mobility of professors and researchers.Scholars who wish to carry out a virtual mobility from home country are requested to fill the form and to follow the application procedures.
Precautionary measures Covid-19 emergency
In agreement with the new directive issued by the Sicilian Regional Presidency on January 8, 2021 after hearing the Regional University Committee (CRUS) in order to contain the outbreak of COVID-19 throughout the whole New Year, the rector Prof. Francesco Priolo and the director general Prof. Giovanni La Via have temporarily interrupted the mobility of both incoming and outgoing students, scholars and admin staff from and to the University of Catania.
In the framework of the University Programme for International Mobility, foreign professors/researchers can spend incoming mobility periods at the departments of the University of Catania (UniCT), for teaching (VISITING PROFESSOR) and/or research (VISITING RESEARCHER) purposes. The mobility period can have different duration according to the decision of each department. Each hosting department will be in charge of managing incoming mobilities according to departmental calls established on the basis of their own priorities.
The mobilities should be performed following the procedure described below:
- the visiting professor/researcher will agree with a contact professor the period and the content of the activities to be developed at UniCT. The contact professor will trasmitt a formal request to the Director of the department and to the adminstrative International Didactic Unit (IDU)
- the Director of the department will send an invitation letter to the visiting professor/researcher
- the visiting professor/researcher will fill the form on-line attaching the invitation letter received by the hosting department
- the visiting professor/researcher will register his/her arrival at the IDU that will inform the Rector, the Education Division (ADI), the Research Division (ARI) and the Human Resources Division (AGAP)
- at the end of the mobility, the contact professor will provide the IDU with a final report in english that will be sent to the International Mobility Office (IMU) for the release of the "Visiting Certificate" signed by the Rector
Via Santa Maria del Rosario, 11 ( ground floor)
By appointment only, please click here