SEMANTIC. BIM modeling systems for the conservation and enhancement of Cultural Heritage
Tutor: Prf. Cettina SANTAGATI
The research project is aimed at experimenting Advanced 3D modeling (Building Information Modeling, Visual Programming Language, computational and technical ontologies, machine learning) in order to develop and test the operating methodologies for 3D acquisition (using SfM techniques and latest generation sensors), to structure (also formal) knowledge data, to conserve and enhance cultural heritage data.
The goal is to create cognitive information systems through semantic - enriched 3D models useful for the purposes of the conservation that of the valorisation, also by means of systems of virtual and / or augmented reality of cultural heritage. For this purpose experimentation will be conducted in different contexts for the purpose to identify the required requirements and standards and to set up one first application casework (from museum collections to site archeological or naturalistic, to the monumental building, to the historical building).
The student will partecipate to the following planned activities:
- Mapping of state of the art
- Identification of operational methodology
- Identification of case studies
- Identification of the domain of study
- 3D acquisition of metric data (technical experimentation low cost for 3D digitization)
- Experimentation of Semantic Enrichment Techniques data (creation and connection of semantic layers with BIM platform)
- 3D models sharing via web platforms
- creation of audio guides on the selected case study
- Experimentation of virtual/augmented reality systems for virtual fruition