Cardiocirculatory Physiopathology and Cardiovascular Perfusion
As part of the health profession of technician in “Cardiocirculatory Physiopathology and Cardiovascular Perfusion”, graduates are health workers who are responsible for the activities described by the Decree of the Ministry of Health of 27 July 1998, No. 316 and subsequent amendments and additions. Cardiocirculatory physiopathology and cardiovascular perfusion technicians provide the management and maintenance of equipment related to noninvasive diagnostic techniques, hemodynamics and extracorporeal circulation techniques.
Practical and clinical activities, which are of particular importance as integral and qualifying parts of professional training, are carried out with the supervision and guidance of specially assigned professional tutors, coordinated by a teacher belonging to the highest level of training required for the professional profile.
The duties are exclusively of a technical nature, assisting the medical staff in suitable environments, providing essential information, and conducting, always under medical indication, equipment aimed at the cardiovascular or cardiovascular diagnostics of cardio-circulatory functions.
At the end of the three-year course the graduate in Cardiocirculatory Physiopathology and Cardiovascular Perfusion Techniques must be able to:
- Perform tests for the evaluation of cardiorespiratory function (spirometry)
- Manage computerized systems for the transmission and management of cardiological examinations
- Manage the technical execution of a complete echocardiographic examination with quantitative and Doppler evaluation of the cardiac and / or vascular system
- Perform instrumental testing of the patient with pacemaker devices and implantable automatic defibrillator
- Perform instrumental diagnostic procedures in the clinic and / or with the aid of telemedicine and cardiac telemetry instruments
- Manage cardio-circulatory and respiratory assistance
- Use normothermic and hyperthermal extracorporeal methods for antiblastic, pelvic, peritoneal, thoracic, limb and liver therapy
- Apply protocols for organ preservation and transport management
- Apply extracorporeal dialysis techniques
- Manage intraoperative intraoperative plasmapheresis methods, preparation of platelet gel and fibrin glue
- Assure the management and maintenance of the equipment related to extracorporeal circulation techniques and to the techniques of hemodynamics and non-invasive cardiology
- Manage electrocardiography, stress electrocardiography, dynamic electrocardiography (holter) and braditachiarhythmia event storage systems
- Ensure the correct application of the required support techniques
- Ensure the correct application of the required diagnostic and therapeutic prescriptions
- Autonomously manage the extracorporeal circulation method and the patient's hemodynamics artificially procured from the heart-lung machine
- Ensure blood oxygenation and systemic perfusion
- Apply brain protection techniques in interventions that affect the cerebral vessels
- Document the extracorporeal circulation data on the medical record
- Make decisions that are consistent with the legal, ethical and deontological dimensions that regulate healthcare organization and professional responsibility
- Participate in the development of guidelines to be applied to the procedures implemented in compliance with the quality-safety principle (clinical risk management)
- Use quality assessment and review tools and methodologies
- Assure patients and significant persons with the information relevant to them that is relevant and up-to-date on their state of health
- Collaborate in teaching activities, tutoring in both basic and permanent training
- Recognize and respect the role and skills of the assistance team and others, establishing collaborative relationships
- Interact and collaborate actively with an inter-professional team
- Implement health education interventions aimed at healthy people and prevention interventions
1st year - Aimed at providing basic preventive biomedical and hygienic knowledge, the fundamentals of professional discipline as well as the requirements to face the first internship experience, aimed at the orientation of the student to the reference professional areas and the acquisition of basic skills.
2nd year - aimed at deepening the knowledge of interventional cardiology, vascular diagnostics, pneumology, thoracic surgery, pediatric and adult cardiac surgery. Acquire the professional skills related to the execution of echocardiographic examinations, tests for the evaluation of cardiorespiratory function, tests for the conduct of extracorporeal circulation in adults and children. Internship experiences are foreseen in contexts in which the student can experience the knowledge and techniques learned.
3rd year - Aimed at the specialized learning but also at the acquisition of knowledge and methodologies inherent to the professional activity, the ability to work in teams and in complex organizational contexts. During the third year the student must acquire scientific research skills and methodologies to support the preparation of the degree thesis.
- Cardiocirculatory physiopathology and cardiovascular perfusion technicians - (188.8.131.52.4)