The University of Catania is the recipient of research funding at international and national level and it has a long-term involvement in different research programs, both as a coordinator and/or a partner. It also encourages scientific research activities carried out in all departments, by providing research grants for young fellows and reserving a certain amount of its resources to fund research projects.
Major fields of research interest:
- Health demographic change and wellbeing;
- European Bioeconomy Challenges: agrofood security, sustainable agriculture and Forestry, Marine and Maritime and Inland water research;
- Secure Clean and Efficient Energy;
- Smart green and integrated transport;
- Climate Action, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials;
- Europe in a changing world Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies;
- Space and astronomy;
- Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens;
- Restoring preserving and valuing and managing the European Cultural heritage (tangible and intangible) creativity;
- Digital Agenda.