University of Catania
Follow us

Bachelor's Degrees

They are aimed at guaranteeig students an adequate command of general scientific methods and contents as well as specific professional skills.

The general access requirement is the school leaving qualification awarded on completion of 12 years of global schooling.

Bachelor degrees courses last 3 years, and the degree is awarded to students who have earned 180 credits. The completion of a training period may also be required.

A limited number of programmes (Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Architecture and Law), are defined "Single-cycle Degree Courses" (one-block LM courses). Access is by the school leaving diploma or a comparable foreign qualification; admission is subject to selective entrance exams and each degree course is organised in just one-block of 5 or 6 years.

For admission to Medicine and Surgery in English language course check the course web page. In order to facilitate the procedure, you have the possibility to request pre-enrolment letter. This letter can be presented to the Italian embassy as part of your visa application requirements. To obtain your pre-enrolment letter, please fill out the form.

Remember that for Single-cycle Degree Courses with national programming (Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture, Building Engineering-Architecture), in addition to submitting the pre-registration application at the competent Diplomatic Representation, it is also compulsory to register for the admission tests on the Universitaly website.

Our Educational Offer

All students in order to enrol should submit:

  • High/secondary school leaving qualification certificate or equivalent qualifications (e.g. A levels/the International Baccalaureate/High school diploma or equivalent);
  • certificate confirming you have passed a university entrance test if the school that issued your secondary/high school certificate (or equivalent) is under the jurisdiction of a country where the regulations require such an exam
  • ENIC/NARIC "Statement of comparability" of your Secondary School leaving qualification or the Dichiarazione di Valore issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representative in the country where the qualification was awarded;

Non EU students should own a B2 certificate in Italian language or pass CISIA L2 Italian language test.

If you are interested in Bachelor's Degree Courses taught in Italian you can request a letter of eligibility that you can present to the Italian embassy during pre-enrolment by filling in this form. In order to successfully complete the form you should, if you have it, attach a Statement of comparability realesed by an ENIC/NARIC centre or the Declaration of value of your high school Diploma.

International students residing outside the EU who intend to pre-enroll must submit an online pre-enrollment request by 30.07.2024 by connecting to the website

Once registered, follow the procedure for international students. Once your request has been approved ask to the italian embassy in your country the release of a Study VISA.


International Students' Office
Villa Citelli
Via Salvatore Tomaselli, 31
95124 - Catania
Telefono +39 095 7307296

International Students’ Guide

Howto Facilities FAQ

Last updated: 
23/04/2024 - 08:14