Incoming Mobility (KA 1)
+++ Coronavirus Emergency +++
The University of Catania has adopted precautionary measures in order to face the current health situation related to COVID-19 in accordance with the Italian Ministry policies and the instructions received by the Governance of Unict. All didactic and training activities are suspended until April 3th 2020.
The University of Catania has temporarily suspended, until new determinations by the governing bodies, the incoming Erasmus mobilities in all UniCT departments/offices/centers. The International Mobility Office will provide more info on university administrative procedures to be used.
Erasmus incoming students
Department coordinators will provide instructions on distance activities or other alternatives measures that can be taken into consideration for the final recognition outcomes.
Students and Professors who have finished their mobility period at Unict or those ones who want to suspend their staying in Catania have to send a formal request to the International Mobility Office (email@example.com) and to the IDU of their department in order to receive via email the Attendance and Recognition Certificate (RO) for the full period of mobility in Catania.
E+ Incoming Students Distance Learning and Activities Certification in the COVID-19 Emergency Situation
Students in mobility in Catania
- Students who want to continue their mobility in Catania, can follow the UniCT Distance Lectures and have access to UniCT exams.
- Students who want to interrupt their mobility before the end of the planned period, going back home or staying in Catania, and have no intention to complete their mobility at a later stage, will immediately receive a Recognition Outcome Certificate (RO) for the exams they have already passed (full or partial), for the traineeship activities they have already performed (full or partial) and for the research they have already done for the final dissertation (full or partial), receiving the total amount of credits established in their Learning Agreement. Students will be given the Erasmus Certificate if they have performed the minimum length required by the Erasmus Program (90 days for Erasmus for Study and 60 days for Erasmus for Traineeship). For shorter length, the Visiting Certificate (normally given to students in mobility in the framework of bilateral non Erasmus exchanges) will be provided in order not to penalise them.
- Students who want to suspend their mobility, going back home before the end of the planned period but have the intention to complete their mobility at a later stage, provided that they have informed UniCT and their home institution about their decision, can follow UniCT Distance Lectures immediately and sit the exams if they are available. The other activities, not available via web, will be done when they will be back in person in Catania. The exams they have already passed (full or partial), the traineeship activities they have already performed (full or partial) and the final dissertation research they have already done (full or partial) will be kept in the UniCT database and will be certified later, when the Erasmus period is completed, provided that the minimum length is respected (90 days for Erasmus for Study and 60 days for Erasmus for Traineeship).
Students not yet in mobility in Catania
- Students who want to postpone their mobility, provided that they have received the authorization of the sending institution, can follow UniCT Distance Lectures immediately but will be able to sit the exams only when they will be in person in Catania. The exams, the traineeship activities and the research for the final dissertation planned in the Learning Agreement (LA) will be certified by UniCT at the end of the mobility period, provided that the minimum length is respected (90 days for Erasmus for study and 60 days for Erasmus for Traineeship).
- Students who want to cancel their mobility will not receive any final certificate.
Front Office International Mobility Office (UMI)
Until April 3th 2020 the International Mobility front-office is suspended. The staff can be contacted via email or by phone.
Phone: +39 095/7307011
Phone: +39 095/730766
Erasmus+ incoming professors and staff
Maria Luisa Leotta
Phone: +39 095/7307017
Tel: +39 095/730766
More details on departments organization will be provided by the Erasmus and International Coordinators.
Incoming students and academic staff arriving in Catania | Academic Year 2020/21
Erasmus students and academic staff who have planned to arrive in Catania in the next academic year can be regularly registered. Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 emergency situation, Erasmus students incoming nominations for winter semester and for whole academic year will be possible starting from May 1st until June 30th. We will do our best to organize a nice staying for our guests at UniCT.
It will be possible to use the university application web-systems available at the following pages:
The University of Catania gives foreign students and professors/scholars the possibility to spend up to one year mobility for study, training and teaching activities within the framework of the Erasmus+ program. The mobility can be activated during a period starting from 1st October to 31st July of every academic year (in August and September there is no provision of didactic activities). The first semester ends on 28th Febbruary. Erasmus students' for study mobility starting date will be the Welcome Day, which is generally held on the first Monday of October (1st semester and full a.y.) and of March (2nd semester). Updated information on the Welcome Day is available at the page below while specific information on courses calendar and exams sessions is available within the departments pages.
Students and professors will receive administrative assistance and logistic support from the hosting university but should apply for mobility funds to their home institutions calls.
Please consult the following pages for procedures and detailed information on the type of mobility you have been granted by your home university and on the services and facilities available for you at the University of Catania.