The master degree program in Telecommunication Engineering is aimed at the education of professionals able to pursue technological innovation in the industry as well as in public and private research laboratories.
Telecommunication Engineering integrates the know-how achieved in the fields of Electronic and Computer Engineering acquired in the context of the Bachelor Degree Programs with specific competences regarding the system and technological aspects of the design, integration, management and optimization of the many components of a telecommunication system. Specific fields covered by the Program are digital multimedia signal processing, antenna design, telecommunication networks, Internet protocols, wireless and mobile networks, the Internet of Things, and multimedia forensics.
Furthermore, the program has the objective to enhance the knowledge in fundamental subjects such as informatics and electronics.
In order to facilitate the transition of graduated students to the industry, the Program includes 3 CFU (Credits) that are usually given by external educators working in major ICT companies, and events are organized for the visit of companies operating in the Catania area. Moreover, students can carry out their thesis in companies under the guidance of an industrial supervisor.
Finally, the program also includes a significant amount of laboratory activities so that theoretical knowledge is matched by practical know-how.
Objective of the program is to educate professionals that are able to:
- Tackle complex problems in the field of ICT requiring a multidisciplinary approach
- Design and manage innovative and/or complex ICT systems, processes and services
- Master the major technologies regarding the transfer, processing and storage of information through a telecommunication system
- Identify and design the most appropriate solutions regarding the transmission and processing of information depending on specific application requirements.
- Telecommunication Engineers