From Fundamentals to Applications
The eighth edition of the International Computer Vision Summer School (Sicily, Italy, 13-19 July 2014)aims to provide both an objective and clear overview and an in-depth analysis of the state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision.
The courses will be delivered by world renowned experts in the field, from both academia and industry, and will cover both theoretical and practical aspects of real Computer Vision problems as well as examples of their successful commercialisation.
The school aims to provide a stimulating opportunity for young researchers and Ph.D. students. The participants will benefit from direct interaction and discussions with world leaders in Computer Vision. Participants will also have the possibility to present the results of their research, and to interact with their scientific peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
LIST OF SPEAKERS (Other speakers will be announced soon)
• Frank Dellaert, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
• Yasutaka Furukawa, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
• Kristin Grauman, University of Texas at Austin, USA
• Leonidas Guibas, Stanford University, USA
• Masayuki Inaba, University of Tokyo, JP
• Shahram Izadi, Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK
• Maja Pantic, Imperial College London, UK
• Florent Perronnin, Xerox Research Center Europe, France
• James Philbin, Google,USA
• Stefano Soatto, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
• Larry Zitnick, Microsoft Research Redmond, USA
• Roberto Cipolla, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
• Sebastiano Battiato, University of Catania, Italy
• Giovanni Maria Farinella, University of Catania, Italy