Global Politics and Euro-Mediterranean Relations
The course is an innovative program both for training objectives and for teaching methods and tools. The content combines three fields of theoretical-practical knowledge, those relating to global systems policy, those relating to European governance and those relating to Euro-Mediterranean relations.
The course is entirely taught in English and is a full-time course in which attendance is compulsory in response to the practice of interactive teaching. Teaching, in fact, is based on classroom discussions, the drafting of papers, case studies, student presentations, simulation exercises and other participatory methods in addition to internships and study periods abroad. The course includes the double degree program with the Universities of Liège, Paris-Est Creteil (UPEC) and Flensburg which allows the full second year, or six months of the second year, to be held at one of the partner universities.
The course offers to those in possession of a degree, within the framework of an advanced degrees, advanced training in the field of political science on issues concerning global politics, European integration and Euro-Mediterranean relations. This objective is achieved through training activities that include forms of participatory teaching, the performance of integrative activities directly linked to professional organizations and the realization of a research project for the final exam. From a professional point of view, the course prepares for work in public and private institutions, administrations and organizations, including consultancy and mass communication firms and research and study centers. The training objectives of the course may be summarized as follows:
- To acquire in-depth knowledge of the origin, development, functioning and logic of political systems, of diplomatic, economic and political relations among States, of ways of constructing political decisions, and of relations between political institutions and public opinion.
- The acquisition of in-depth knowledge of methodologies of analysis of political, institutional and organizational processes of States, of the global system, of state policies in Europe and of regional systems such as the Euro-Mediterranean area. The methodologies are those of the empirical social sciences, and in particular of political science, and of socio-political theory in its philosophical and historical aspects.
- The acquisition of multidisciplinary analysis skills through the use of the methodologies of the sciences and disciplines mentioned above and skills of comparative analysis of political, institutional and organizational processes at the state level and at state policy level.
- The acquisition of operational skills in the framework of public or private organizations and agencies that implement administrative, management or production strategies in international and multicultural contexts.
The training objectives are obtained through a two-phase track on the two-year course. In the first instance, general knowledge and methodological knowledge will be provided. General knowledge will focus on the political, institutional and organizational macro-processes of the States, the global system, European policy and the Euro-Mediterranean system. While methodological knowledge focuses on analytical techniques that allow us to set up and conduct an original empirical research strategy.
In the second phase the acquisition of knowledge of political, institutional and organizational processes is completed and the ability to self-organize work is perfected, so that the student is able to plan and carry out independent projects of learning, problem analysis and operational strategies.
- Specialists in Public Relations, and similar professions
- Specialists in Political Science
- Researchers and post doc graduates in Political and Social Sciences