UNICORE 5.0 - Call for applications for 2 study grants for refugee students (Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya) for admission to English taught master’s degrees 2023-24
Assessment of foreign qualification and interview
Corsi di studio
|Nome del corso||Classe||Struttura didattica di riferimento|
|Physics||LM 17||Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia|
|Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability||LM 22||Dipartimento di Ingegneria civile e architettura|
|Automation Engineering and Control of Complex Systems||LM 25||Dipartimento di Ingegneria elettrica, elettronica e informatica|
|Communications Engineering||LM 27||Dipartimento di Ingegneria elettrica, elettronica e informatica|
|Electrical Engineering for Sustainable Green Energy Transition||LM 28||Dipartimento di Ingegneria elettrica, elettronica e informatica|
|Global Politcs and Euromediterranean Relations||LM 62||Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche e Sociali|
Requisiti di ammissione
Application is open only to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Are residing in Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uganda and Kenya and have been recognized refugee status in these countries;
- Hold a qualification valid for admission to the chosen Second Cycle Degree Programme. The qualification must have been issued by a higher education institution accredited in the higher education system of the Country where the degree has been issued;
- The qualification must as well consent the access to a second level degree course in the country of issuance;
- Hold a qualification not being obtained before 2018 and by 31.07.2023;
- Have a GPA (Grade point average) of at least 3.0 corresponding to, at least, 24/30 – referred to the Italian System. For the conversion of the average to the Italian grading system it will be used the official conversion formula of the Italian Ministry of Education, as for Annex 2 of this call;
- Meet specific curricular requirements and, in accordance with the provisions established by Italian Ministerial Decree n. 270/2004, have an adequate educational background, for the program of interest, as further specified in each course information sheet provided in the Annexes;
- Not being previously registered in an academic study programme at University of Catania or at any other Italian university member of UNICORE 5.0 consortium;
- Have an adequate English language knowledge (B2 level).
Procedura di ammissione
Candidates have to send the duly signed application form attached to this call, along with the mandatory documents listed in paragraph 4.2 of the call.
Candidates can apply for
- one master’s degree only held at University of Catania
no more than two universities that are partners in the project UNICORE 5.0: if two universities are selected, candidates will have to present a different admission requests to each University and must indicate the order of priority
Calendario e sedi delle prove
Interviews will be scheduled online from 22 May to 7 July 2023.
Informazioni sulla prova
The selection process will be performed in two steps:
- Step 1: assessment of CV and documents concerning foreign qualification
- Step 2: online interview
The admission board will evaluate documents according to the following criteria:
- Academic background and GPA (score range: 0-15)
- Curriculum Vitae: evaluation of personal skills and professional experience (score range: 0-15)
- Coherence between previous studies and selected Master’s Degree (score range: 0-10)
The maximum score assigned in the first step will be 40 points.
At the end of Step 1 two provisional rankings will be published, according to the gender of the candidates, and only the first 3 candidates of each ranking will be admitted to Step 2 (online interview). In the case that one of the lists of eligible candidates does not include enough representatives it will be possible to admit to Step 2 more than 3 representatives of the same gender up to the maximum of 6 candidates.
Candidates admitted to Step 2 will be interviewed by the admission board, who will evaluate their academic and technical skills, competence on the subject as well as their mastering of the English language.
Interviews will be graded on a scale of 40 points
Domanda di ammissione
Applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from 3rd April 2023 to 19th May (noon, UTC+1).
The email must have as its object: UNICORE 5.0 - name and surname of the candidate
Applications will not be accepted if they are incomplete and / or are sent without the required documents and / or are received after the deadline.