Data Science for Management
By taking an interdisciplinary approach, this degree path aims to develop an in-depth knowledge of:
- structured and unstructured data collection, processing, data compression, filing, security;
- most common programming languages for data analysis;
- statistical analysis of data;
- machine learning, neural computing and deep learning;
- database design and special features for Big Data.
Graduates will be able:
- to interpret and summarise with scientists from different backgrounds of expertise data analysis results of any relevance for scientific, technological or business purposes;
- to design a whole data collection process, the clearing, filing and efficient as well as safe use of data, including Big Data;
- to interpret and convey data analysis results performed by means of advanced tools, such as language programming, graphics and interactive platforms.
Postgraduate students from this master’s degree will develop a quantitative attitude to the analysis of scientific, economic, managerial, social and health phenomena. They will take an interdisciplinary approach by interpreting data analysis results to help end-users and business users too. They will be fully aware of the ethical principles involving data collection, storage and (sensitive) use of personal data and information. Job opportunities and professional guidance that shall be given by companies, organizations and/or institutions, for training purposes, and for data collection too, have to be regarded as an additional feature of this degree programme.