- Università degli Studi di Modena Reggio Emilia
- Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca
- Università Politecnica delle Marche
- Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza"
- Università degli Studi di Pisa
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
HEAL ITALIA represents the first Italian foundation that coordinates a qualified multidisciplinary network of Universities, IRCCS and companies, scientists, technologists and young researchers who share knowledge, research and innovative technologies in order to bring our National Health System into the contemporary era of Medicine of Precision through new methods, new services and above all an important network of clinical data to support translational research for advanced diagnoses and therapies in the fight against cancer and cardiovascular, metabolic and rare diseases. Specifically, the project is structured into eight distinct project tasks with the aim of promoting precision medicine and personalized care, and the personnel of the University of Catania are actively involved in 7 out of the 8 tasks of the project.
Thanks to collaborations with public and private research institutions, the project intends to develop the following scientific areas:
- Intelligent Health. Health Data Science: This task aims to develop advanced data management methods, algorithms, and machine learning approaches to integrate and analyze health big data. By leveraging artificial intelligence, the project seeks to identify patterns and correlations in large datasets for more accurate predictions and improved healthcare decision-making.
- Prediction models: Advanced prediction models will be developed for prognosis and therapeutic response based on comprehensive data treatment. This task aims to create sophisticated algorithms capable of predicting disease progression and treatment efficacy, leading to more personalized and effective medical interventions.
- 4D Precision Diagnostics: This task focuses on integrating clinical and imaging biomarkers to enable precise diagnosis in both space and time. By combining data from different sources, the aim is to provide a comprehensive diagnostic approach that considers patient-specific factors and disease progression over time.
- Next-Gen Therapeutics. From silico to bedside: This task aims to develop and validate personalized therapeutic strategies from computational modeling to patient validation. Leveraging computational techniques and advanced technologies, the project aims to create more effective and lower side-effect targeted treatments.
- Healthy Toolbox: This task involves the development of innovative devices for precision diagnosis and personalized therapy. By advancing medical technology, it aims to provide healthcare professionals with better tools to deliver precise and tailored treatments.
- Prevention Strategies: Integrative and gender medicine approaches will be used to develop prevention strategies based on environmental, lifestyle, and clinical biometric data. This task aims to promote proactive healthcare interventions and personalized preventive measures.
- Clinical Exploitation: The final task focuses on the clinical validation and implementation of innovative precision medicine approaches. The goal is to integrate established or emerging molecular and clinical phenotyping with AI-driven decision-making protocols to deliver more effective and personalized patient care.
Overall, this PNRR project aims to revolutionize healthcare by harnessing the power of precision medicine, advanced data science, and innovative technologies to improve patient outcomes and promote a healthier society