Erasmus+ and International Traineeships Program
Check the Guidelines for Traineeship Incoming Mobility
and Apply on line!
These Guidelines are addressed to university students of all levels (Ph.D. candidates included), selected for a traineeship mobility period under the EU Erasmus+ or other international programmes at University of Catania.
Students are enabled to spend their traineeship period in university offices, research structures and/or in companies/organizations associated with the University of Catania through previous specific agreements, under joint supervision.
Selected students receive an Erasmus+/International grant from their own institution and the traineeship period can be fully recognized in their academic career.
The traineeship mobility can be performed from a minimum of 2 months (60 days) to a maximum of 12 months (360 days) per academic year with no interruptions.
The University of Catania accepts Erasmus+ and International Incoming Trainees Students (1st, 2nd, 3rd cycle) both within Inter-institutional Erasmus+ Traineeship Agreements already signed between the sending institution and UniCt, and within Ad personam Erasmus+ / International Traineeship Agreements.
Erasmus+ and International Traineeships | a Database promoting Offers for Incoming Traineeships
Traineeships Mobility Database
Starting from the second semester 2017/2018, both Erasmus+ and International Students interested in a traineeship mobility experience at the University of Catania can search and find the open positions available in each Department/Office through a mobility database aimed at promoting the calls for trainees and facilitating their incoming traineeship procedures.
Apply on line! The new Traineeships Mobility Database is accessible on line here
Your Traineeship Mobility Procedure | Step by Step
- On line Application (UniCt Mobility Database)
- Pre-acceptance Letter issued by the UniCt Hosting Department
- Nomination Letter for Erasmus+/International Traineeship Mobility, issued by the sending university
- Acceptance Letter issued by the International Mobility Office (IMO) | in case of positions reserved for partner universities within Erasmus+ bilateral traineeships agreements or other international agreements
- Ad personam Erasmus+ Traineeship Agreement / Ad personam International Traineeship Agreement issued by the UniCt International Mobility Office (IMO) as acceptance confirmation in case of positions not reserved for partner universities within Erasmus+ bilateral traineeships agreements/other international agreements
- Learning Agreement for Traineeship for Erasmus+ Traineeship mobility / Learning Agreement for International Traineeship for International traineeship mobility, issued by the hosting Department at UniCt
- Erasmus Recognition Outcomes /International Recognition Outcomes, issued by the hosting Department and countersigned by the International Mobility office (IMO) at UniCt
When to apply | University of Catania Erasmus+ and International Traineeship Offers
Academic Schedule at UniCt
The Academic Year at University of Catania consists of two different semesters:
1st Semester: 1st October to 28th February
2nd Semester: 1st March to 30th September
Open Positions and Deadlines for Applications
Every year traineeship positions are available for prospective trainees who want to apply to UniCt Erasmus+ & International Traineeship Program.
1st Semester and One-Year Traineeship Mobilities (starting from 1st October to 28th February or from 1st October to 30th September): applications usually open from March to September of the academic year preceding the scheduled mobility.
2nd Semester (starting from 1st March to 30th September): applications usually open from October to February of the same academic year of the scheduled mobility.
Summer Traineeship Mobilities (starting from 1st June to 30th September): applications usually open from October to May of the same academic year of the scheduled mobility.
Please check the Summer Traineeship Offer here . If you need more info, please contact your area of interest reference person (please check the contacts list on the right side of this webpage).
2nd Semester Traineeships Offer 2017/2018: Deadline for Applications 30th April 2018.
2nd Semester Summer Traineeships Offer 2017/2018: Deadline for Applications 31st May 2018.
How to apply | Mobility Procedures
- Application process
- Arrival procedures | Checking-in
- Departure procedures | Checking-out
- Services: Insurance, medical assistance and prevention & safety | Accommodation
If interested in doing a traineeship mobility at the University of Catania, please search for available traineeship offers according to your field of study/areas of research and apply online
If you need more info, please contact your area of interest reference person (please check the contacts list on the right side of this webpage).
The on line application is processed and, if selected by the hosting Department, you will receive a pre-acceptance letter in a couple of weeks.
If pre-selected for a traineeship position at UniCt, please contact your home university International Relations/Erasmus+ Office that will email your nomination for an Erasmus+ / International Traineeship Mobility to the International Mobility Office (IMO) of the University of Catania and to the International Didactic Unit (IDU) of your UniCt hosting Department.
Please check our IMO and IDU contacts on the right side of this webpage.
If you applied for a traineeship position reserved for partner universities within Erasmus+ bilateral traineeships agreements or other international agreements, you will receive a formal acceptance Letter issued by the International Mobility Office (IMO).
If you applied for a traineeship position not reserved for partner university within the Erasmus+ Program or other international cooperation agreements, please send to the Hosting Department in Catania the Ad personam Erasmus+ Traineeship Agreement or the Ad personam International Traineeship Agreement* already signed and the document will be processed to the International Mobility Office of the University of Catania (IMO) in order to get the legal representative signature (forms available on the right side of this webpage).
The Hosting Department will send to you and to your university the countersigned Ad personam Erasmus / International Traineeship Agreement as acceptance confirmation.
The Learning Agreement for Traineeship** will then be signed, both for Erasmus+ and for International traineeships, at least 15 days before the foreseen mobility, by the Hosting Department in Catania (IDU).
* The Ad personam Erasmus+ Traineeship Agreement / Ad personam International Traineeship Agreement is the document signed at institutional level, between the University of Catania legal representative, the sending university legal representative and the student trainee.
** The Learning Agreement for Traineeship is the document signed at departmental level ruling each single aspect of your traineeship mobility.
As soon as you arrive in Catania as Erasmus+/ International Trainee, you are requested to:
- Check-in at the UniCT International Mobility Office (IMO) on receiving hours, producing you mobility documents (a copy of your acceptance letter and two passport-size photos). You will receive the Student Card and all useful information about your stay in Catania.
- Visit the International Didactic Unit (IDU) of your hosting Department to check your Learning Agreement for Traineeship. You’ll receive additional documents eventually required by the department and be ready for starting your traineeship mobility.
If your arrival occurs at the same time with the Welcome Day, you will be admitted to participate to the welcoming activities.
At the end of your traineeship mobility, please visit your Hosting Department International Didactic Unit (IDU) and produce the following documents:
- Your Student Card
- Your Learning Agreement for Traineeship
- Your Supervisor's Traineeships Report including dates, working hours, a brief description of activities carried out.
The IDU, once checked all documents, will provide you the Erasmus+ / International Recognition Outcomes certificate in a closed envelope. Before departure, please visit the IMO in order to complete the check-out process and to have your Erasmus+ / International Recognition Outcomes counter-signed.
On planning your departure trip, please take into consideration IDU and IMO public opening days and hours and be aware that trainees are requested to come personally during receiving hours and are not allowed to delegate other people. Trainees will be responsible for their dossier envelope to be delivered to the International Relation Office of their home university.
The University of Catania will provide an insurance policy for all incoming trainees who will be duly informed about national prevention and safety regulations.
International trainees can also benefit from medical assistance if provided with the European Sanitary Card.
The University of Catania verifies, every year, available accommodation and catering services. For updated and detailed information, please click here.