International Visiting Professor
The following guidelines are addressed to UE and non-UE professors who intends to benefit of the status of “Visiting professor” carrying out a teaching mobility period, from 2 weeks up to an academic year, at the University of Catania. Such mobility can be planned in every moment of the academic year compatibly with Departments didactic activities. This procedure is addressed to all incoming professors involved in UniCT didactic activities with the only exception for the Erasmus+ STA mobilities.
- Send a formal request, including the CV and a proposal of a mobility programme, to the contact professor of the Department of interest.
- Refer to the contact professor in order to obtain, by the Erasmus and Internationalization Coordinator of the Department chosen, an invitation letter confirming the status of Visiting Professor and describing the content, terms and conditions of the didactic activities. This Invitation Letter must include all the necessary elements approved by hosting department, such as dates, number of hours, topic of teaching activity and eventual funds provided. The document have to be sign by the Director of the Department chosen.
- Fill in the application form online and submit it together with a scanned copy of the Acceptance letter, at least 15 days before the supposed arrival date.
- Application will automatically arrive to the International Mobility Office (IMO) who will be in charge of informing the Insurance Office and the Safety and Prevention Area.
- Get in contact with International Mobility Office (IMO) to fix an appointment to sign the “Visiting Agreement”.
- Reach the the International Didactic Unit (IDU) of the hosting Department and register the arrival.
- Agree with the IDU all the details for safety training seminar (mandatory for all incoming visitors) organized by the Safety and Prevention Area.
At the end of the mobility period, fix an appointment with the IDU to receive Attendance certificate stating the didactic activity performed. The IDU will transmit copy of the document to the IMO, in order to close the administrative procedures.
VISA and Italian “Codice Fiscale”
In order to obtain VISA, upon request, IDU will issue an acceptance letter indicating:
- Type of mobility.
- If it is covered by scholarship.
Once in Italy international guests must follow Italian procedures to obtain their stay permission.
International guests accepted must get the Italian Codice Fiscale. In order to obtain it, they need to go to Agenzia delle Entrate with their passport/identity card and stay permission (if non-EU citizens).
For updated information on Resident permit and Fiscal code, click here.
In order to get support in these procedure please contact:
Maria Sanfilippo | email@example.com
Address: Via Valdisavoia 9, 95123 Catania
Receiving hour: by appointment
Insurance and medical assistance
International guests may benefit from an insurance policy limited to participation at didactic/formative activities, excluding sport activities. EU guests can benefit from medical assistance only if they have the European Sanitary Card, non-EU guests need to have their own medical insurance.
The University of Catania verifies, every year, available accommodation and catering services.
For updated and detailed information, please click here.