Schoolarships and financial aid
The University of Catania, together with ERSU (the regional body for right to study), offers to international students a variety of financial aid: scholarships, exemptions, reduction of fees and other forms of concession.
- University of Catania offers scholarships to international students who will enroll in its degree courses > Call 2019/20.
- ERSU scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and family economic situation.The scholarship offers facilities such as a university tuition fee waiver, accommodation from 1st October to end of July, meals free of charge at the university canteens, plus some possible additional assistance in cash. The call for application is usually announced mid-July on Ersu website.
- Italian Government Scholarships are awarded every year to promote the Italian System of Higher Education:
- Grants for foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad awarded by the Italian Government
- Students with international protection
ERSU gives students the possibility to benefit of hospitality service in its residences for short periods. Those who are interested in having a bed – for maximum 90 days - in one of E.R.S.U. university residences can check ERSU website. The service is subject to charges.