They are aimed at guaranteeig students an adequate command of general scientific methods and contents as well as specific professional skills.
The general access requirement is the school leaving qualification awarded on completion of 12 years of global schooling.
Bachelor degrees courses last 3 years, and the degree is awarded to students who have earned 180 credits. The completion of a training period may also be required.
A limited number of programmes (Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Architecture and Law), are defined "One Cycle Degree Courses" (one-block LM courses). Access is by the school leaving diploma or a comparable foreign qualification; admission is subject to selective entrance exams and each degree course is organised in just one-block of 5 or 6 years.
All students in order to enrol should submit:
- High/secondary school leaving qualification certificate or equivalent qualifications (e.g. A levels/the International Baccalaureate/High school diploma or equivalent);
- certificate confirming you have passed a university entrance test if the school that issued your secondary/high school certificate (or equivalent) is under the jurisdiction of a country where the regulations require such an exam
- ENIC/NARIC “Statement of comparability” of your Secondary School leaving qualification or the Dichiarazione di Valore issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representative in the country where the qualification was awarded;
In order to ease the procedure you can request a letter of elegibility that you can present to the Italian embassy during pre-enrolment by filling in this form. In order to successfully complete the form you should attach a Statement of comparability realesed by an ENIC/NARIC centre or the Declaration of value of your high school Diploma.
The University of Catania offers scholarships to international students who will enroll in its degree courses, the call for a.y. 2018-19 will be published in April, in order to submit your application you can prepare the following documents:
- Copy of the passport. Eu citizens can attach a copy of their identity card;
- UNICT admission letter;
- Enic/Naric Statement of comparability and qualifications certification or Declaration of Value of the title requested for the admission to the chosen degree course.